Transport for Wales (TFW) identified several platforms as being too low to allow safe deployment of the onboard PRM ramp as part of its introduction of the new CAF Cl197 Train units.
Mount bridge system was installed to address the stepping distance between the platform level and train step for the stations Abegele Pensarn, Deganwy, Helsby, Llanrwst, Penmaenmawr.
IPS was appointed by Hammond to carry out the Design of the platform’s overall system, Construction Engineering Management (CEM), and Contract Engineer Responsible (CRE’s) Support. Rail System Interface, providing combined IDC-IDR, and stakeholder management for Transport of Wales.
- Limited Topographical survey data,
- Reducing the total waste product generated through proposed foundation works.
- Stakeholder management.
- Producing Consolidated working CAD models of the proposed works for multidisciplinary interfaces.
IPS was able to interpolate Intermediate topographical survey data. Constructability & Maintainability aspects were kept in mind throughout the project.
IPS were able to efficiently reduce the excavation required due to the flexibility on the mountbridge system, the platform could be raised/adjusted in any direction to suit the platform gauge.
Scope of work
- Install platform overlay system formed of 40mm Dura deck span along platform length and it is supported by pedestal system at 1.5m c/c.
- Carry out validation survey to ensure any height adjustment and site-specific details are to be made prior to the construction works.
- Proposed drain design to integrate the existing ACO drain system to the proposed works to avoid any impact on the other platform services.
- Providing a fence zone with gate for the lighting column in shelter area.
Key Services Provided.
- Form 01-03 for Civils designs.
- IDC & IDR
- Rail system
- CEM and CRE support.
- Engineering Management.
- Providing design of the platform overall system.