Greater Anglia Railway Franchise required the services and reconfiguring of the infrastructure facilities at its Orient Way Depot such that the serving of both Class 720 and Class 745 units can be undertaken on all roads.
This Consultancy Services remit covers the design of the works (GRIP 3-5)
Our Involvement & Product Innovation
IPS Design & Consultancy was appointed by Greater Anglia as the Lead Design Organisation (LDO) to undertake the design and associated surveys to support all GRIP 3-5 design stages including launching of the new product.
- Lack of Historical Data and buried services
- Removal of faculty equipment’s and its interfaces with overall deport operation requirements
- Restricted access to provide sanding facilities
- No track drainage systems in place
- CET facilities and construction staging
- Active Depot- Time Management
Scope of work
To support the project scheme, various upgrade works were carried out.
- CET and Portable Units’ installation
- Pump House Upgrades
- Sanding facilities, including storage, charger rooms, and walking provision.
- Lighting and Power Design.
- Earthing and Bonding Design.
- Front End Cleaning Facilities.
- CMS routed layouts.
- Modifications of Civil assets.
- Access road improvements
- Fire Engineering
- Clear route analysis
Key Services Delivered
- Innovative design solutions to meet clients’ operational requirements.
- Validating existing infrastructure capacity to enhance the overall reliability, and maintainability of existing and new assets.
IPS implemented several innovative designs and product solutions such as the Enviro-sump, Plug & Play Drivers Walkway, CMS routing, and much more.