The project is funded by the Department for Transport (DFT) to upgrade the Island Line and its associated infrastructure to provide a better journey and more frequent services to the island.
IPS Design & Consultancy have been appointed by the Principal Contractor OSL Global to deliver a Multi-Disciplinary Design for the line upgrades. From the outline design to detailed design, IPS delivered a full system design service covering Civil and Structures, Architectural, M&E, E&P, ETE, and Track Disciplines.
- The new track alignment is lower than the original alignment and therefore could undermine the platform structure due to its shallow foundations. IPS has proposed a strengthening method via a “unique foundation support” arrangement that provides construction certainty to the project.
- Due to time constraints, there was a constant open discussion amongst various stakeholders to have Right-First Time Approach.
Scope of work
- As new passings were introduced, platform upgrades, strengthening, and extensions were to be provided.
- Providing a new track alignment and strengthening method for maintain the construction certainty of the project.
- Provision of a new ‘People of Reduced Mobility (PRM)’ footpath and crossing for improvement works.
- Lighting and power supply
- Platform reconstruction to accommodate new track alignment and slew.
- Temporary support for the canopy structure to enable the platform reconstruction works.
Key Services Provided.
- Civil Engineering Designs
- MEP services
- ETE and E&P Design
- Platform overlay system for another 7 stations
- Track lowering and new track layout design
- Design Integration and construction support.
- Signalling and foundations, walkways, fencing, and temporary works.