The Gull Wing Bridge, a £127 million iconic project that will offer a much – needed 3rd bridge over the town's Lake Lothing, relieving traffic congestion in addition to providing an improved connection between the north and south end of the town.
As part of Lake Lothing 3rd Crossing, a section of the bridge will be installed over railway lines. IPS Ltd. was appointed as the engineering consultant to oversee the design reviews, support stakeholder management including Network Rail and third party, management of temporary works design, and construction activities support.
- Restricted site access
- Poor ground conditions
- Contact with moving plants and machinery
- Lack of buried services information
- Working adjacent to live rail
- Construction staging in line with Network Rail operational requirements
- Interface with permanent and temporary works
Scope of work
- Installation of the bridge over the railway line – adjacent to Pier 7
- Oversee the temporary work design
- Act as a lead project CEM to integrate design and construction elements
- Independent review of engineering and construction documentation
- Stakeholder Management
- Engineering and Construction Management
Key Services Provided.
- Contractor’s Engineering Manager support (CEM)
- Railway services integration
- Systems Engineering
- Installation of Temporary Hoardings
- Vegetation clearance
- Shed Demolition